**POSSIBLE HIGH WATER JUNE 13/14, 2022**
POTENTIAL HIGH WATER FLOWS IN OLDMAN RIVER, POSSIBILITY OF UP TO 1000CMS INFLOWS TO THE OLDMAN DAM. KEEP UP WITH THE LATEST ON THE rivers.alberta APP (link below) GO TO THE MENU ON THE TOP LEFT, SELECT FORECASTERS COMMENTS FOR THE LATEST UPDATE.
WCWU AEP ODAM PILOT PROJECT UNDERWAY TO ASSIST IN WATER USE EFFICIENCY ON WILLOW CREEK. ABOUT 75%+ OF THE TOTAL WATER DIVERSION ON WILLOW CREEK NOW REPRESENTED. ONCE REGISTERED FOR PILOT PROJECT (Odam membership and service agreement), 3 days prior to turn on/off of irrigation contact; email@example.com, or, text (403) 634-3775
FOR THE LATEST INFO ON DAM LEVELS, RIVER AND STREAM FLOWS, SNOW PACK, ETC, GO TO THE LINK BELOW.
↓click on this link↓
The Oldman Dam Downstream Stakeholders Guild (O-DAM) was formed by a group of property owners who were affected by the June 2013 release of water from the Oldman Dam. This group believes that much of the damage and stress experienced as a result of the released high water volume could have been avoided through improved communication with the residents living below the dam and affected areas of Willow Creek and, with changes to flow management guidelines of the dam. In 2022, O-Dam expanded its scope to encompass Willow Creek including flow management and efficient water use from Pine Coulee Reservoir.
The main objectives of O-DAM are:
1. To speak with one voice on behalf on member owners of property located downstream of dams within the Oldman watershed.
2. To collaborate with the appropriate Ministry of the Government of Alberta regarding the updating of policies, procedures and protocols governing the operation and management of the Oldman watershed dams. with special attention given to high (flood) and low water flows.
3. To collaborate with the appropriate Ministry of the Government of Alberta on the development and implementation of an up to date comprehensive communications system for use before and during times of high flow or low flow volumes from the Oldman watershed.
4. To encourage collaboration and sharing of resources between all agencies and groups providing emergency services within the Oldman watershed to help mitigate damage from flooding caused by increased flows from any the dams.
5. To collaborate with the appropriate Ministry of the Government of Alberta in order to maintain healthy in stream environments for the Oldman watershed during high and low volume flows.